Building Maintenance Services operate, repair and maintain the research, academic and classroom facilities on the UC Davis campus – more than ten million square feet of space overall. Our employees are multi-skilled trades personnel who are experienced in all areas of building mechanical, electrical, plumbing and structural systems.
Office Refresh Program
- We offer an affordable way for campus customers to refresh their offices with six preset design palettes.
Electrical, Elevator & Alarm
- Maintain building electrical equipment, distribution systems, and lighting control systems.
- Install and maintain fire alarm, card access, environmental alarm, security alarm, and CCTV systems.
- Provide elevator maintenance and repair on the Davis campus, including preventive maintenance and emergency response.
- Maintain the tens of thousands of lighting fixtures throughout campus classrooms, laboratories, and greenhouses.
- We are responsible for maintaining all mechanical equipment related to the heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration trades.
- A full-service machine shop with the skill, experience, and equipment to fabricate a wide variety of materials for the repair of machinery and equipment.
- Our sheet metal and welding service provides solutions for any lab, classroom or office environment.
Plumbing, Steam, Swing Shift & Night Operations
- We install, modify, update and maintain all of the plumbing and steamfitting systems.
- Our night operations crew respond to after-hours emergency requests.
- We combine quality craftsmanship with the latest technologies and materials to fulfill remodeling, repair, and renovation projects.
- Our pest control team services are provided by technicians who can address pest problems inside and outside of campus buildings.
- Our experienced locksmiths develop and implement all campus key systems.
- We offer interior and exterior painting.
- We provide roofing repair, inspection and installation.
- Our flooring team covers all types of patching, repairs, and installation of carpet squares, vinyl composite tiles, epoxy sanded and non-sanded flooring along with concrete slabs.