Fleet Vehicle Accidents

Driver Responsibilities

University vehicles may be used in conducting official University business by employees and students who possess a valid operator's license of the appropriate class and are responsible for use of the vehicle in accordance with University policy and State and local laws. Drivers with a provisional driver's license are responsible for adhering to the restrictions of that license.

Safe Driver Awareness Training

For more information, click here.

Accident Vehicle Damage

Drivers of a university vehicle who are involved in an accident or are renting a vehicle that sustains damage must notify Fleet Services (530) 752-0789 and Risk Management, and complete an Accident Report Form. The renting department may also be responsible for payment of applicable deductible costs per Risk Management Policy.

Policy for University Vehicles

See Travel and Transportation policy.