- Driver responsibilities
- Accident vehicle damage
- Types of Roadside Assistance
- What qualifies as an emergency roadside service?
- Reimbursement for repair
University vehicles may be used in conducting official University business by employees and students who possess a valid operator's license of the appropriate class and are responsible for use of the vehicle in accordance with University policy and State and local laws. Drivers with a provisional driver's license are responsible for adhering to the restrictions of that license.
Accident Vehicle Damage
Drivers of a university vehicle who are involved in an accident must complete an Accident Report Form, notify Fleet Services (530) 752-0789 and Risk Management. The renting department may also be responsible for payment of applicable deductible costs per Risk Management Policy. Any repairs due to driver negligence or accidents are recharged.
If your Fleet Services vehicle is disabled or needs repairs, please contact:
- Fleet Services
- (530) 752-0789
- Monday – Friday: 7:00AM – 5:00PM
- National Automobile Club (roadside assistance for disabled vehicles)
- (800) 600-6065
- If after operating hours, you may use emergency roadside services provided through the National Automobile Club.
- This service is available to drivers of university vehicles through the California Official State Fuel Credit Card (Voyager Card). This card can be found in the key pouch given to you with your vehicle.
- UC Davis Police Department
What qualifies as "Emergency Roadside Service?"
Emergency roadside service consists of such services as are intended to render the university vehicle capable of being safely operated and is limited to the following:
- Mechanical First Aid: Minor mechanical adjustments that may be effected at the scene of disablement to enable a university vehicle to be safely operated.
- Battery Service: A “jump start” applied to a discharged battery.
- Tire Change: Removal of a flat or damaged tire and replacement with the inflated spare carried by such university vehicle.
- Gasoline, Oil and Water Delivery: Delivery of gasoline, oil or water to a disabled university vehicle at the retail sales price of any gasoline or oil so delivered.
- Lockout: Retrieval of the ignition key when locked inside the university vehicle, to the extent that it is retrievable without a material risk of damaging the university vehicle. This service does not include key making or locksmith service.
- Towing: Towing any university vehicle that cannot be safely operated from the scene of disablement to the business location of the nearest state or university-approved service station or state-operated garage. A university vehicle may be towed to the location of the servicing company when qualified repairs are not available and held until further instructions are received from the university.
If National Automobile Club service is unsatisfactory or does not meet your needs, call:
- Fleet Services: (530) 752-0789
- UC Davis Police: (530) 752-1230
Reimbursement for Repairs
If you have to pay out of pocket for repairs, keep and bring all receipts to your department Travel Assistant, along with the Reimbursement Request Form. The receipts must show the vehicle number, repairs performed and parts installed. You will be reimbursed for the amount of the receipts.