Update on COVID-19 Preparedness and Shuttle Service
On June 1st, the Davis-Berkeley Shuttle will resume regular shuttle service. Click here for the schedule and to purchase tickets.
The safety of our employees and customers is a top priority and we are taking a number of proactive measures in response to COVID-19.
COVID 19 Safety Precautions:
- Employees and riders are required to wear a mask or face covering. Here is guidance from the Center for Disease Control (CDC) on how to wear a cloth face covering.
- Wiping/spraying all frequently touched surfaces on our buses before each trip
- Providing employees and riders with hand sanitizer or wipes
- Customers are asked to follow social distancing of six feet when possible
- If you are feeling sick or have COVID-19 symptoms please refrain from using the shuttle services to avoid exposing others
We urge customers to follow these CDC recommendations:
- Social distancing: Practice social distancing by keeping at least six feet between you and other people when possible.
- Wash your hands: Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Don’t touch your face: Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Cover your cough or sneeze: Cough or sneeze into a tissue, then throw that tissue in the trash. If you don’t have a tissue, use your elbow.
- Stay home if you’re not feeling well
UC Davis and UC Berkeley Intercampus Shuttle Service
The Davis–Berkeley Shuttle provides transportation between the UC Davis and UC Berkeley campuses for faculty, staff and registered students. The shuttle service runs year-round, seven days a week, with the exception of some holidays.
Benefits of the Davis–Berkeley Shuttle
- Travel with trained drivers in a safe, comfortable environment with UC students, staff and faculty.
- Travel directly between pick-up and drop-off locations on the Davis and Berkeley campuses.
- A cheaper alternative to Amtrak and traveling by personal vehicle.
- Wi-Fi is available on most shuttles.
- Travel in a clean-air, alternative-fuel-powered shuttle.
- The shuttle doubles as an intercampus transport for library loans and mail in order to reduce carbon emissions and support campus sustainability initiatives.
Reservations are required. Weekend trips fill up fast so make your reservation today!
Frequently Asked Questions
- How long does the shuttle ride take?
- The shuttle ride is approximately 90 minutes long, depending on traffic and other conditions.
- Who can ride the Davis–Berkeley Shuttle?
- UC Davis and UC Berkeley faculty, staff, and registered students.
- When can I make a reservation?
- You may make a reservation up to 30 days in advance.
- I left something on the shuttle, who do I contact?
- Contact Lost & Found at Fleet Services by calling 530-752-0577.
- How much is the shuttle fare?
- The fare is $15.00 one way. Tickets can be purchased via the online registration system.
- What is the exchange policy?
If you are unable to utilize your shuttle reservation, you can transfer your ticket to a later date. The transfer can take place anytime up to 24 hours before your original reservation. Reservations must be exchanged using the online registration system.
All sales are final. Tickets are non-refundable.
- Are animals allowed on the bus?
- No animals are allowed, except trained service animals.